Monday, June 29, 2009

Recent-ness in Lindsey-Land.

Currently I'm a little hyped up on a 500(ish) ml sugar-free Red Bull. (Yeah, the big one.) I haven't had to do my redbull trick since last summer when it ultimately gave me an ulcer. (I was drinking a LOT of it.) I had to work this weekend, and had 3 tests to study for. Needless to say, I needed a little extra "oompf". I just completed the first exam prior to this post. (I made it my whore.)

This has been the norm for me lately-- lots of studying, little time for sleep and play. However, I absolutely refuse to let nursing school completely take over my life. It's MY life, and fun is a top priority for me. That said, I have found time lately to lay out, go for a few runs, see a movie, watch trashy tv on VH1, take a couple of naps, and a few other things that make me smile. I'm lucky enough that I absorb information fairly easily, so I don't have to read over material 100 times to "get it".

The best thing I have done for myself is plan an awesome vacation. Shan and I went to Cheddar's (best croissants. ever.) about a week ago and decided we needed to go see her brother in San Diego ASAP. That evening we booked flights and hotels. Since Las Vegas is so close to San Diego, we decided it was imperative that we spend a couple of days there. So, first we are flying in to Vegas and staying two nights. Her bro is picking us up there and the remainder of our stay will be in San Diego with a short stint in LA for some Six Flags action. (apparently this is quite the fun/scary experience) We will also have an educational day (museums/zoo) and hit up a Padres/Cubs game while we're there. This will be the first time since this past winter that I will be completely (hopefully) worry-free. I have never been to Vegas or Cali, so you can imagine how excited I am. Would you like to know the most exciting part of this trip? Sure you would. We booked the flight from home to Vegas, San Diego to home, and both hotel nights for $250 each total. If you aren't aware, I'm a poor college student. This is extremely exciting for me.

I must get back to school now and learn things, but I will certainly keep you posted on the trip and there will be some pics.

Enjoy as much sun as you possibly can this summer, and don't take life too seriously.

- L McP

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am looking for an old friend. Her name was Lindsey McPherson. She lived in a little blue house with white trim, her mother loved Princess Diana. She had naturally red hair. She hung out with the same people I did and the last I heard about her is that she moved away (maybe to go to the military or get married, maybe both or neither). If this is you, please write back @ http://www.myspace.com/kristine7425. Thank you!